- Not to be confused with Quick Install Maker.
Clickteam Install Maker, known after 2003 (presumably with the release of v. 2.0) as Install Creator, with variants Install Maker Pro and Install Creator Pro, is a Windows program that generates installers. Like most other installer generators, it tries to imitate the output of InstallShield. The program was released in either 1998 or 1999, and, as of 2020, the last released version has a copyright date of 2015, presumably indicating that development has stopped.
Like with other installers, Install Maker project files do not store copies of files to be included in the installation, only references, which are only incorporated when the installer is built.
The regular editions of both Install Maker and Install Creator use the extension ".iit" for their main files, and the "Pro" editions of both use the extension ".iip". Install Creator added "template" files, which have the extension ".imt" in both editions.
An examined version of Install Maker made .iit files beginning with
03 00 01 00, whereas the Pro version with the same version number makes .iip files beginning with
03 00 02 00. Install Creator's project files (.iit) seem to begin with ASCII
IC , whereas Install Creator Pro's project files (.iip) begin with ASCII
ICP . Both editions of Install Creator have template files (.imt) apparently beginning with
?? 06 05 00.
- Install Maker v. 1.2e English
- Install Maker Pro v. 1.2e English
- Install Creator 2.0, build #39 (Falsely listed as a copy of Install Maker on ; this may be because of backwards compatibility)
- Install Creator Pro 2.0, build #39 (Likewise)
Many more versions of Install Creator can be found from copies of the Clickteam website in the Wayback Machine.
- Install Maker page
- Another Install Maker page
- Changes made in Install Maker vs. Install Creator
- Original Install Creator page
- Current (2020) Install Creator page
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20031211154046/http://www.clickteam.com/English/news_archive.php, section "8/1/03 - Install Creator"
- ↑ "About" window in Install Creator, version 2.0, builds #28 and #45
- ↑ Most places other than those previously mentioned, including the online documentation and on-install license agreement of examined Install Creator copies, as well as the "About" window of Install Maker v. 1.2e
- ↑ v. 2.0, build #45, linked from https://www.clickteam.com/install-creator-2
- ↑ Version 1.2e, English
- ↑ Version 2.0, build #45
- ↑ Version 2.0, build #33
- ↑ Version 2.0, build #17
- ↑ Version 2.0, build #39