Scream Tracker 3 module
.s3m (Scream Tracker 3 Module) files are modules created by Scream Tracker v3.0 and up. It was developed for DOS by Finnish demo group Future Crew.
Scream Tracker 3 modules support up to 100 8-bit samples, 32 channels, 100 patterns and 256 order positions. FM instruments can also be specified, although not all implementations support this feature.
Versions of Scream Tracker prior to v3.0 created STM modules.
- S3M Specifications
- MultimediaWiki - Scream Tracker 3 Module
- ScreamTracker 3.01 BETA File Formats and Mixing Info
- Scream Tracker 3.20 File Formats And Mixing Info
- Another copy of this file
- Still another version
- The above, with some additional notes / corrections
- S3M Player Tutorial by FireLight - step-by-step guide to writing an S3M player. The MOD Player Tutorial should be read prior to this.
- 1994 discussion of "advanced music formats" that covers Scream Tracker 3.0
- MODPlug Tracker allows you to compose and convert in a number of module formats, including S3M