PowerPacker (also spelled Power Packer or Power-Packer) is a file compression utility and compressed file format for Amiga computers. It was developed by Nico François, and distributed as shareware.
PowerPacker files apparently begin with ASCII "
PP", followed by a two-digit version number. Known signatures are "
PP11" and "
The reverse-engineered source suggests that password-protected files begin with "
- aminet/util/arc → ppunpack*
- http://aminet.net/package/util/arc/ppunpack10-mos (compiles and runs just fine on modern linux)
- https://github.com/lab313ru/powerpacker_src (Reverse Engineered source code of packer, ported to Windows.)
- Packer Algorithm Java Implementation
- The Unarchiver
- Many, but not all, of the .pp files at http://cd.textfiles.com/amigagames/ag-199501/MultiMedia/Diskmags/ ...
- PPUnpackWOS.lha → sf.pp