Microsoft Multiplan was an early spreadsheet software application which was later replaced by Microsoft Excel. Originally developed for CP/M systems, it was ported to many other systems, including Macintosh. A Windows version was never released.
Although not explicit from the early documentation, Multiplan files used the extension MOD, which stands for "Model"
- Versions 1-3 used a binary format
- Version 4.0 used the same BIFF2 format as Excel 2.1
- Version 4.2 used New/Normal Binary File Format
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplan
- ↑ https://winworldpc.com/product/multiplan/40
- ↑ https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/office_file_formats/ms-xls/24fed501-1f2e-435b-a371-ad29a57dba58#gt_c0c2618b-ae39-4e3d-9615-4b71d8fb888a
- ↑ https://www.betaarchive.com/wiki/index.php/Microsoft_KB_Archive/58746