IconPackager is a Windows program that installs "packages" of icons, for purposes of customization. The general form of its packages is a ZIP file, containing a number of ICO files or an Icon library file, as well as a metadata file (as well as possibly a README etc.). These seem to have come in three versions:
- A version used starting from the initial release, consisting of a file with the extension ".zip", with an INI-based metadata file inside having the extension ".iptheme".
- A version, consisting of of a file with the extension ".ip" and a metadata file with the extension ".iptheme", containing a short INI-based section followed by binary data, presumably in some proprietary format, found around 2001.
- A version used starting some point after, with the extension ".ip", and a metadata file with the extension ".iconpackage", containing only binary data.
- Files on WinCustomize (run by the software author)
- Old packages (Through the Internet Archive)
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20000408192609/http://www.stardock.com/products/iconpackager/ is the first working capture in the Wayback Machine; the list of supported operating systems in https://web.archive.org/web/20041101012500/http://www.stardock.com/products/iconpackager/ accords with this
- ↑ E.g. https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/iconpackager/744/, https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/iconpackager/911
- ↑ e.g. https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/iconpackager/2170/