File viewing and editing software
From Just Solve the File Format Problem
|Software||>||File viewing and editing software|
To see what is in a file, and possibly to modify it, various sorts of software can be used, ranging from raw binary editors/viewers to programs that perform more sophisticated analysis. File creation software will usually edit existing files as well, and File rendering/interaction software will display them in various ways.
- Synalyze It and Hexinator are programs (related to one another) that can do raw binary/hexadecimal viewing and editing of files, but also parse them using grammar files to analyze various file formats.
- Okteta is an open source hex editor by the KDE project. It supports also parsing via Okteta grammar file to analyze various file formats.
- fq allows to dive into structure of various binary and textual file formats with a functional programming language based on jq
Specialized data types
- SleepyHead (views data from CPAP and related devices for treatment of sleep apnea)
- Spreadsheet showing formats supported by various software in Ubuntu systems (connected with EaaSI sandbox )