From Just Solve the File Format Problem
Endnote is commercial database bibliographic reference software for managing citations.
Endnote uses the extension ENL to store the library database of references.
- Versions 1-4
- Versions 5-7 Can be opened by X software
- Versions 8-9 Added .Data folder to store database and attachments, Added unicode
- Versions X-X9 Changed format to ZIP based container. Added ability to compress library to ENLX which includes .data folder.
- Version 20 Changed ENL format to SQL Lite database
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EndNote
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20130319092646/http://endnote.com/support/helpdocs/ENX-GettingStartedGuide.pdf
- ↑ https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Version-8-and-laters-library-compatibility-with-older-versions?language=en_US
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20060701062110/http://www.endnote.com/enXinfo.asp
- ↑ https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-X9-3-Library-Conversion-and-Backward-Compatibility?language=en_US