Disc Description Protocol is a mastering standard for optical discs created by the DCA. Audio CD projects could be rendered to DDP for transferring to production facility. DVD mastering was also added to the standard in 1996.
- Files labeled DDPID, DDPMS, and PQDESCR, all describe and organize the disc
- A file that contains the audio data for the disc, FILENAME.DAT
- A file that contains the CD Text information for the disc, CDTEXT.BIN
Will also contain various checksum files.
- Archived link to DCA tools
- Gear Software howto
- Creating a DDP with Reaper.fm
- DVD DDP to ISO process
- DDP Mastering Tools for Audio CD's