From Just Solve the File Format Problem
UAE is a free Amiga emulator written in C.
- A 68000/010/020/040 CPU, optionally a 68881 FPU
- OCS, ECS and AGA Graphics Chipset (including sprite-playfield collisions)
- Up to 2MB Chip RAM and up to 8MB Fast RAM, or 8MB Chip RAM without Fast RAM
- Up to 64MB Zorro III Fast RAM, independent of Chip RAM setting (68020+ only)
- Up to 1MB Slow RAM, for extended compatibility with problem software
- Up to 8MB of graphics card memory, usable by software that supports Picasso 96 compatible graphics cards
- 4 x 3.5" floppy disk drives (DF0:, DF1:, DF2: and DF3:). It's not possible to read Amiga disks, so these are emulated with disk files.
- A hard-disk: either a harddisk image file or part of the native filesystem
- Joystick support (with option of mapping joystick to numeric keypad)
- Mouse support
- Ability to run in various screen modes (for better display quality or better speed)
- Full stereo sound support, consisting of 4 x 8bit channels
- Simple parallel and serial port support. Note: the parallel port is not really implemented. Though it's sufficient for printing.
- State-saving. You can save the state of your emulated Amiga and continue later on.