Ready, Set, Go!
From Just Solve the File Format Problem
Ready, Set, Go! was Desktop Publishing software often compared to QuarkXPress or PageMaker. Developed in the mid 1980's by Manhattan Graphics for Macintosh, later sold to Letraset USA who created Design Studio, then later to Diwan who know only sells a Windows version
Early Macintosh versions did not use an extension, but final version 7.78 for Mac OS X used the RSG extension.
- Ready,Set,Go! 6.0 can open files created with Ready,Set,Go! 4.5, 4.5a, 5.0, and 5.1, and DesignStudio 1.0, 1.01 and 2.0. It cannot open files created with versions 1, 2, 3 or 4 of Ready,Set,Go! Registered users can obtain a special version of RSG 4.5 to open files created with earlier versions of Ready,Set,Go! to convert them to Version 6.0.
- Ready,Set,Go! will open an old RSG document down to version 4 and a DesignStudio document down to version 1.0. Ready,Set,Go! 7.1 will automatically save it with the name 'Copy of (filename)' in order not to overwrite the old document. Whereas Ready,Set,Go! 7.2 or later can save documents that are compatible with Ready,Set,Go! versions 6 and 7.0
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ready,_Set,_Go!_(software)
- ↑ https://techmonitor.ai/techonology/letraset_usa_to_purchase_ready_set_go_from_manhattan_graphics
- ↑ https://www.diwan.com/index.php/archive/70-diwan-acquires-international-rights-for-rsg
- ↑ https://www.diwan.com/index.php/products/desktop-publishing/56-ready-set-go-windows
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20100506072748fw_/http://www.diwan.com/english/pages/inside/support/RSG/rsgsupp.htm