From Just Solve the File Format Problem
- This article is about the Crystal Reports format. For the OpenLynx report file format, see RPT (OpenLynx).
RPT is the native proprietary format for the Crystal Reports business intelligence software.
The RPT format has changed little over the different versions. The RPT format can be contained within the "OLE2" document container format. Contents of OLE container may include "SummaryInformation", "Contents", "ReportInfo", DataSourceManager", "SavedRecordsStream", among others.
The RPT file format has stayed very similar through the versions, but in version 9, unicode support was added so it won't be possible to open newer files in an older version.
Software & Sample Files
- Free RPT Viewer version 9+
- Crystal Reports Viewer 2008 version 9+
- Tool to migrate version 6-9 to version 10 (requires version 10 to be installed)
- Sample Version 9 RPT files
- Sample Report file from Visual Studio 2002
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Reports
- ↑ https://www.crystalreports.com/
- ↑ https://www.sapstore.com/medias/SAP-Crystal-Step-by-Step-guide-Sharing-a-Crystal-Report.pdf?context=bWFzdGVyfHBkZnN8NDU2MzI3fGFwcGxpY2F0aW9uL3BkZnxwZGZzL2hkNi9oNmUvOTAzNjMzOTAxOTgwNi5wZGZ8NmNhY2M4OGE1OGQwZDFjOTU0MTgyODkwZjA0MmM3YmY5NDNiZTViMmI0ZjU5ZGE4ODNmOTBjYjJjMGJjMjFkNw
- ↑ https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E80738_01/pt854pbh2/eng/pt/tcyr/concept_UnderstandingCrystalReportsCompatibilityIssues.html#topofpage
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/19970131200638/http://www.crystalinc.com/Creports/verscom.htm
- ↑ https://github.com/digipres/digipres.github.io/blob/master/_sources/registries/trid/triddefs_xml/rpt.trid.xml
- ↑ https://kb.blackbaud.com/articles/Article/52484