From Just Solve the File Format Problem
Novell introduced PerfectWorks to replace the WordPerfect Works product. A kids version of the software suite was released as well. PerfectWorks was later sold and became ArkoseWorks.
PerfectWorks files follow the same format as a standard WordPerfect file format, but uses an extension of .WPW and with a product code of 0x25 at byte 8 instead of the common 0x01 for WordPerfect.
- ↑ https://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/1995/04/pr00048.html
- ↑ https://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/1995/08/pr00199.html
- ↑ https://www.worldcat.org/title/novell-perfectworks-for-kids/oclc/38959810
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20000601081315/http://www.arkose.com/arkoseworks/upgrade.htm
- ↑ http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/chronology.html
- ↑ https://www.danielsays.com/ssg-win1x2x3x-npw21.html
- ↑ https://github.com/OneWingedShark/WordPerfect/blob/master/doc/SDK_Help/FileFormats/WPFF_DocumentStructure.htm