The following computer art drawing programs share a common file format with the extension ".mdp":
- FireAlpaca, released ca. 2011
- CloudAlpaca, released in 2014 and renamed in 2015 to Medibang Paint Pro
- Jump Paint, a version of Medibang Paint Pro that seems to be branded for something called "Jump"
- Possibly several programs for "mobile" operating systems that are just called "Medibang Paint", although it appears that at least one was called Medibang Paint Mini at some point
- Possibly Manganame, an iOS drawing program presented as a spinoff of Medibang Paint Pro
FireAlpaca, Medibang Paint Pro, and Jump Paint, at least, all save to this format, which has the extension ".mdp". It is not clear what, if anything, this stands for.
.mdp files start with ASCII
It is not clear what the exact relationship between FireAlpaca and Medibang (and its offshoots) is. PGN, which develops FireAlpaca (as well as OpenCanvas, which is otherwise unrelated), does not have an office address, nor apparently anything else, in common with Medibang (the organization), except for that they are both Japanese companies based in the Tokyo area. CloudAlpaca was described somewhat ambiguously as "retaining the same features" as FireAlpaca in its initial press release, but, other than that, the only reference to one from the website of the other is a brief mention of the common file format on the Medibang Paint Pro site. Medibang Paint Pro does seem to be a modified version of FireAlpaca, which is closed-source, suggesting that there is some sort of relationship between the two organizations; an unofficial source claims that FireAlpaca is still used as the upstream of Medibang Paint Pro.
- PGN Inc. (Japanese)
- Medibang Paint
- Firealpaca autosave turned off and now it's crashing nonstop?!
- Some unofficial documentation on the format (Japanese)
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20111119195016/http://firealpaca.com/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 https://medibangpaint.com/en/news/2014/11/ca/
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20150621014809/http://medibangpaint.com/en
- ↑ https://medibangpaint.com/en/ipad/
- ↑ https://medibangpaint.com/en/iphone/
- ↑ https://medibangpaint.com/en/android/
- ↑ https://medibang.com/press/99
- ↑ https://medibangpaint.com/en/manganame/
- ↑ http://www.portalgraphics.net/en/info/company.html
- ↑ https://medibang.com/about/company
- ↑ https://medibangpaint.com/en/faq/2375/
- ↑ https://fpacatuto.tumblr.com/post/155175573767/whats-the-difference-between-medibang-and