From Just Solve the File Format Problem
AnimBrush is an animated bitmap file format used on Amiga computers. It is a variant or subformat of ANIM format. It is associated with the AnimBrush feature of Deluxe Paint III and IV.
The format was also commonly used by the ToolManager application (at least ToolManager v2.x).
An AnimBrush file is an ANIM-5 ANIM file, but with characteristics that are otherwise rarely, if ever, seen:
- ANIM-5 XOR mode
- Non-interleaved (interleave=1)
- Initial frame is uncompressed (instead of PackBits)
- ToolManager 2.1 (Anims, Brushes + Icons) → Graphics.lha → *.anmb
- AmigaOS Documentation Wiki: ANIM IFF CEL Animations, "ANIM.brush" section
- Deluxe Paint IV Manual, p. 144 ("Animated Brushes")